Thursday 12 May 2011

Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl is the best book I've read in my challenge so far. It is also one of my favourite books and I would recommend it to anybody who likes magic, tech and villains. This book has a perfect mix of fantasy, high tech machines and the modern world.
The plot of the book is that 12 year old boy genius Artemis Fowl II has, through vigorous research, discovered the existence of 'The People' - fairies. He pursues the fairy bible to learn about their rules and weaknesses so that he can kidnap a fairy and take its gold.
The fairy he kidnaps is Holly the elf who is also a leprechaun (but that's just a job). She is on very thin ice with her Commander, Julius Root, because she is the first female LEP officer. But when she is kidnapped, he attacks Fowl Manor with the help of Foaly the centaur (a tech geek) to get Holly released.
This is a book full of action, adventure, and just possibly the world's best book for 11 and 12 year olds, so I am giving it 95 out of 100.


Jay's note - Luke's read all of this series and was so pleased to revisit them. I think he first got into them in Y5 and was just as enthusiastic then.

No comments:

Post a Comment