Wednesday 7 March 2012

Animal Farm


I have to start this review by saying “I want a book not a history lesson!”

I admit that this was a good story that got the emotion that the animals had across as well as telling an excellent story. But I thought that this was going to be little story about the animals standing up for themselves and proving that the humans ought to pay more attention to them. I mean come on listen to the name “Animal Farm” if that doesn’t sound like the name of a book for five year olds then I am a bottlenose dolphin (which I’m not of course) 

It was so confusing with all the stuff happening at the same time and how somehow the animals can talk to humans and stand on two feet and build windmills and have whips and believe in candy land and well you get the Idea. But to its credit it explains the Russian revolution a lot better than I could plus at SOME times in the book you feel like you really know these animals and you want to help them out of their terrible predicament. 

But the fact remains that is a lesson. A very good lesson with a fantastic way of teaching in fact the only history lesson that was better than this one was when my mum made the Tudor family tree out of ginger bread men and woman. That was awesome. But still a lesson. Kids don’t want history lessons they want fictional stories.
“WHAT DO WE WANT?!”
“GOOD STORIES!”
“WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!”
“NOW!”
“WHAT DO WE WANT?!”
“GOOD STORIES!”
“WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!”
“NOW!”
You see?

But the book still had a good setup, well designed characters and was well written. For all those positives 61/100.  

No comments:

Post a Comment